12 Electrical Safety Rules from an Electrical Contractor in Cypress -- Like anything else in your home, an electrical system needs a check-up every year. It needs a yearly check-up, daily care, a healthy diet, and even grooming, just like you. The better maintenance you have, the less you see an electrician in Cypress.
Being on top of your electrical system keeps it running at optimum capacity longer. Here is what you need to do keep this system maintained:
1. Get an Inspection – Call an electrician in Cypress and have them do a comprehensive inspection of your home. See if all your wiring is working properly, and make sure everything is working well.
2. Get a New Panel – If a panel is malfunctioning or not working at its top capacity, an electrical contractor in Cypress might be just the thing. Call them in to update your panel to NEC codes.
3. Check Your Outlets with a Multimeter – A multimeter is a tool that measures voltage. It can be used to diagnose issues with circuits, outlets, and check batter
4. Dust Appliances – An electrician in Cypress reminds you to dust appliances regularly. If dust accumulates on electronics, it makes them function terribly. This is because dirt gets inside the device.
5. Switch to Energy Saving Devices – Want to lower your utility bill? Have an electrical contractor in Cypress stop in and upgrade all your appliances to lower your bills.
6. Double-check cords and wires – Replace damaged or frayed wires.
7. Add USB outlets – Are you using too many extension cords? Or overpopulating your outlets? Add outlets with USB portals that will trip the breaker in case there is a fire hazard.
8. Put in Surge Projectors – Because we are all plugged in these days, a typical family in the United States consumes a great deal of power. We have so many electronics that we just use to function every day. From cell phones to working from home offices, we are constantly consuming energy. As a result of this usage, power surges are widespread.
9. Upgrade to LED Bulbs – Light-emitting diodes or LEDs are the newest on-the-scene lighting technologies. Our electrician in Cypress recommends LED lights because they are: Highly efficient, Long-Lasting, and Environmentally friendly.
10. Childproof Your Power Outlets – Make sure to install Tamper Resistant Receptacles (TRRs) on all outlets. TRRs are a cheap and effective way to prevent children from sticking objects and body parts into an open or unused socket. TRRs come with built-in safety shutters that block anything from being inserted into the receptacle.
11. Check Your Light Switches – Do you have flickering or dimming lights? You may need an electrical contractor in Cypress to come and check your switches.
12. Upgrade Your Home to 220 Volt Service – Almost all homes run on 220-volt electrical systems. Not every appliance needs the same voltage. Make sure your electrical system is upgraded to this, especially if you have an old home your local electrician in Cypress can check.
Unity Services, an electrical repair company in Cypress, provides a broad range of electrical services to meet the needs of our client base, from minor lighting repair in Cypress to large jobs requiring a master electrician in Cypress, as we currently have one master electrician on staff.
Unity Services has a solution, and we know how to get the job done in a timely, professional, and cost-effective manner.
Unity Services is available 24 hours, seven days a week for emergency service. Unity Services provides clients with expert knowledge just a phone call away. A knowledgeable staff member takes after-hour calls. Our electricians will ask a few questions and work with you to solve the issue.