Wall Outlet Not Working: When to Call an electrician in Cypress: Residential electricians in Cypress know that there is nothing worse than plugging something in and it not working. At first, you think it might be an issue with your small appliance, but instead, you discover it is a dead outlet. Is there anything worse than a dead wall outlet? Your home’s electrical wiring can be a daunting task and comes with a bit of danger. What do you do when your wall outlet isn’t working? When do you call an electrician in Cypress?
1. Try your device in another outlet. Just make sure it is the outlet and not the appliance.
2. Is it a GFCI outlet? A residential electrician in Cypress runs into this situation regularly. Outlets that are near water require a ground fault circuit interrupter or a GFCI. These are often in kitchens, bathrooms, or laundry rooms. You may just need to press the little button on the outlet to make it work.
3. Is it the switch? Try flipping the light switch. Any experienced electrician in Cypress knows that some outlets are wired as “lamp outlets” and won’t power up if the switch isn’t flipped.
4. Blown breaker. Test some other outlets out. Did you blow a breaker? If more than one is dead, examine your electrical panel. If a breaker is blown, then you will see a toggle switch set between off and on. If it is switched to off, you found the issue. Turn it back to the on position, and you are good to go. Please note that if you overload a circuit, it will keep happening again and again.
When to call a residential electrician in Cypress
· Short-Circuiting – If you had to reset the breaker and it blows again. Even after unplugging all appliances, you may have a short circuit. These are dangerous and can cause fires. Call Unity Services right away.
· Loose Wires – Sometimes, you will find loose wires around the outlet. If this happens, you need to replace the outlet if you are confident in your skills. Otherwise, call a master electrician in Cypress.
· Bad Outlet – Sometimes, you cannot troubleshoot, and you need a professional to look at why an outlet has gone bad.
If you have gone through all these troubleshooting steps and have not found a problem, or you don’t feel comfortable working with electricity, you are not alone. Contact Unity Services in Cypress at (713) 999-1890 or fill out a form here.
“We Are Unity”
Unity Services provides a broad range of electrical services to meet the needs of our client base, from minor lighting repair in Cypress to large jobs requiring a master electrician in Cypress, as we currently have one master electrician on staff. Unity Services has a solution, and we know how to get the job done in a timely, professional, and cost-effective manner.
Unity Services is available 24 hours, seven days a week for emergency service. Our electrical repair company in Cypress provides clients with expert knowledge just a phone call away. Our electricians will ask a few questions and work with you to solve the issue.